Contact me


Thursday, September 15, 2011

Illustration Friday - Boundaries

Well hello everyone! Sorry I haven’t been on here for ages, we have had a busy week with family celebrations, work, normal routine and house guests... I’m being a little rude tonight I guess by setting myself up in the computer room and getting this little image done for illustration Friday but I didn’t want to miss a week if I could help it, I enjoy the challenge and I’m sure our visitors understand, they are very supportive of my art.


The boundaries I am depicting here are the ones that come purely from the wonderful colours in the country side, from the different shades and shapes and spaces that are defined by the crops or landscape that fills them. You don’t need fences, the divisions are drawn by the essence of that for which each area is being farmed. I was inspired for this image by my trips ‘home’ through the NSW country side; I love to travel the country roads, flanked by the rich tapestries of colour that always seem to beckon and welcome me back .



8 comments:

  1. So fun. I love the sheep on the far hillside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your take on this week's topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so nice! The use of material is ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like busting out my kite and running along those hills. Do the boundaries allow it?? Fun piece here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, this is a very nice illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats lovely Janet!! Great textured feel! I tried to come to your blog last week and reply to your message on mine but it wouldn't open - my internet sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, I wasnt sure how this one would be recieved, it was a bit of a different technique for me...
    Thanks for trying to visit Cassandra, I think most of us have had trouble with our blog / internet from time to time so I can certianly understand your frustrations. Ill have to go over and visit you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Have a nice day!